Note: Shipping additional on all items. Shipping charges are at my cost – no additional charge for packaging. Most items ship UPS unless they fit in a USPS regional or flat rate box. You’ll get the most economical rates available.
Product Guarantee: If products are not as described you may return for a refund. No returns on electronics.
OFFERS CONSIDERED ON ALL PARTS
ENGINE BUILDING SERVICES
I don’t do a lot of engine building for others because of the time involved. HOWEVER, I have several early Chrysler hemi blocks with different bores so I am able to assemble the components for a short block without shipping the heavy item – the block. This save us both the headache and expense of crating and shipping a block or short block. At minimum, I would need the rotating assembly, one head and the valve train you will be using or I can supply any missing item(s). If interested give me a call and we can go over the details.
CHECKING PUSHROD – double adjustment
I have a few adjustable pushrods for determining the final length before placing your order. They are adjustable from 9″ to 12″. These are not stock pushrods cut in half with the inside threaded as the material is too hard for a tap. These have a brazed 1/4-28 threaded insert in both halves to accommodate the threaded stock. The upper portion of the pushrod incorporates the same 1/4 ball adjuster (shown) as you would get when you order from Smith Brothers or ?. This additional top adjuster is handy for making your final adjustment without repeatedly removing the pushrod. The bottom portion uses either a 1/4 or 3/8 ball – 1/4 ball shown. Although intended for a stock rocker setup, it can be used on any rocker assembly. $50
MSD Digital 7 w/boost retard (# 7535) The mother of all boxes. Perfect for any supercharged engine plus an easy unit to setup. All functions such as burnout rpm, launch rpm, max rpm, turbo spool-up rpm, rpm/time/pressure activated switch, 32 point boost retard map, 32 point gear retard map plus many other features are quickly set with the furnished laptop software. Each set of parameters can then be saved for future reference or loaded back into the Digital 7. No additional 2 or 3-step limiters to purchase. Digital 7 has not been run since MSD factory checkout. Now one might ask: “If so good, why are you selling it?”. Convinced that a MSD Pro Mag would burn the fuel better, I spent $3000 on a setup for my 354. Bad news – the Pro Mag did not improve performance. Good news – I can use the cross drive Pro Mag as a backup on my late model hemi. Cost $1000 at Jegs. $475 + shipping Note: You can on-line search for MSD 7535 and view a PDF of the extensive features at the Jegs site.
MSD Multi-Channel Ignition Tester #8996 This will test MSD 6-10 boxes as well as Digital 7 and DIS systems on 4, 6 or 8 cylinder engines. I bought this new about 8-years ago but never used it since I went to a Pro Mag. The #8996 has be superseded by #8998 which is a single channel unit (doesn’t check the DIS systems). If you do an on-line search for the #8996, the installation instructions (schematic) can be viewed on several sites including Jegs. Includes test spark plug and complete instructions in original box. It sells for between $300 and $400. I’ll part with this piece of “gold” for $145 Note: This unit will not check the cam sync pickup circuit.
ETC dual range rev limiter with rpm switch for Mallory Super Mag 1-3. Can be upgraded for Super Mag 4. Works like a MSD 2-step rev limiter with a rpm switch for a shifter, shift light or ? If you order from ETC it’s $450 so this is a super deal. New unit. $175
MSD Map/Boost Sensor #23131 New 3 bar/2-44 psi. Cost $88.95 – Sell $40
MSD Spark plug wire pickup #7555 for CamSync 7530. New Cost $96.95 – Sell $45
MSD Pro Power Coil. Used with 6AL box. Working good when removed. P/N 8201 $15
Computech dual EGT’s #4100-2. This is your “lifeline” to avoid burning up your engine. This unit is very versatile in that it records RPM and the temperature at that rpm. Here’s the description from the Computech site: “The Computech EGT Plus is one of the most accurate dual channel exhaust gas temperature systems available today. Designed to monitor not only exhaust gas, liquid, tire and track temps, but also engine RPM. Featuring record options that shows max, beginning and end of run readings. The EGT Plus monitor can be activated via remote switch, trans-brake event or in continuous mode.” The Computech site also shows min-max temperature recommendations for both 1/8 and 1/4 mile using gas, methanol and E85. Jegs price – $459. $140 + shipping S O L D
Peerless high quality Exhaust Gas Analyzer. Professional model (not a hand held unit) and only used a couple times. Long cable which can be used as you’re driving for real load conditions $100
MAIN CAPS for 331 or 354
Pro-gram Engineering main caps – used. This is a complete set of (5) for a 331 or 354. If purchased new they are over $1100. $345 If you prefer to purchase front and rear only it’s $200 S O L D
Center 4-bolt billet main caps with bolts for a 331 or 354 – used. $135
Stock main caps – I have one set of (5) main caps for a 331 or 354. $100
CRANKSHAFT for 331 or 354 early Hemi – new grind
Ground .002 under for high performance applications.
Mains = 2.468 Rods = 2.098 (Standard small block Chevy)
Have both rod and main bearings if needed.
Flywheel flange tapped for 1/2-20 bolts.
Shipping weight: 60 lbs $475
Nice used set of Venolia aluminum rods for a 426 hemi. They are for a 2.375 journal and are 7.041 center to center with a 1.094 pin. No nitro or over-rev. The rods have just been inspected and re-sized by Venolia. $290
(8) Howard aluminum rods for 331-354. Standard length and polished. The picture to the right shows the surface of the rod where the bearing locates. No black marks due to detonation or other abuse. Nice set! $235 S O L D
Partial Sets – I have partial sets of good 331/354 M/T, Howard, BRC, C&A rods. If you’re trying to fill a partial set give me a call or email me.
Note on steel rods (11/2018): I spoke with Molnar (molnartechnologies.com) about the possibility of making a standard length rod for a 331-354 Chrysler hemi that accommodates big block Chevy bearings. The benefits are obvious as good 331-354 rod bearings are getting scarce. In addition, it would serve as a “crank saver” as there is a lot of undersize and damaged cranks floating around. It would be a 4340 billet steel machined “H” beam with ARP 2000 bolts. Molnar indicated they would make a batch and see how they sell. Check their website for availability.
331 / 354 ROD & MAIN BEARINGS
(3) NEW sets TRW Clevite 77 CB378P -.010 rod bearings. These have the pin hole for aluminum rods. Two sets in box – one set w/o box. $70 per set + shipping. SOLD (2) USED sets TRW Clevite 77 CB378P -.010 rod bearings. Good condition. $35 per set / $60 both + shipping or (1) set FREE if you buy a new set above. SOLD
(1) set of King main bearings for 331, 354. NEW -.030 $75
(1) set of King main bearings for 331, 354. NEW -.040 $75
(1) set Childs & Albert -.010 main bearings for big block Chevy. NEW These are the good Clevite 77 “V” bearings. $138 at Jegs. $25
(1) set Clevite 77 standard rod bearings (CB-826P) for small block Chevy (2.100) NEW They are chamfered, drilled for bearing pins and coated. $75
PISTONS for Supercharged gas or alcohol (see Alcohol note below) – Pictures available for all pistons
(12) used Arias 3.967 (354 + .030) 8.25:1 compression. They take 5/64 – 5/64 – 3/8 rings. Eight (8) are the same size (2) a couple thousandths under and (2) new. The new pistons have a different ring stack placement but the same compression height (1.867). The pistons will require a +1/8 longer rod (6.750) to obtain the compression noted. If you don’t have the correct rod, I would opt for a BBC rod with a .990 pins and have your machine shop hone the pin bore in piston). $275
(8) used Arias 3.906 pistons for a 331. They take a .031 Dykes top, 1/16 second and 1/8 oil ring. If you intend to use these for the street, the top groove can be opened up for a standard ring. The compression height is 2.560. I purchased the pistons along with the crank and rusty block because the engine ran sub-record times on gas and I wanted to know the compression. I did not receive any rods so without cleaning up the rusty bore and assembling the engine with one of my adjustable connecting rods, (see “Products’ drop-down menu) I can’t tell you the correct rod length. Since I no longer run supercharged gas, I’ll leave that effort up to the new owner. There is one clue to finding the rod length. A couple of the pistons touched the dome of the head, so shove the piston all the way up into the head and then measure the distance down to the throw on the crank. When you figure out the compression let me know! $200
Alcohol note: I have been asked numerous times about compression with alcohol. Something around 10:1 with the small motors works good. More compression is OK but hard to get with less displacement. Here’s my gas to alcohol story: After breaking the crank in NE1 at the March Meet in Bakersfield, I was a little panicked because our altered association had a meet two weeks later. With no time to replace the crank, I searched my “junk pile” and found a 8.25:1 gas short block with four of the tops of the pistons caved in due to heat. So maybe 7.5:1 on those four cylinders. I installed the short block and made the race. 7.66 @ 176 mph on alcohol with a 2000 pound car – not too bad!
“The 301 project”
Ready to take on a cool project?
I have (2) sets of Arias 4”pistons and (2) 3” stroke crankshafts to build large bore x short stroke 301 ci engines. These ran as a 8.25:1 supercharged gas engines in a drag car but would also be good on alcohol or for a street project on gas. I purchased them along with a couple sets of aluminum heads but did not receive any connecting rods. Not knowing how far the piston protrudes into the combustion chamber makes the rod length a mystery. As noted above, I could assemble an engine and using one of my adjustable connecting rods and figure it out. But, I’m never going to use these engines so just wasted time for me. Here’s where you come in! If interested, give me a call and we can discuss the details.
Piston set “A” – 2.380 compression height. Rings: 3/64, 1/16, 3/8. The top rings are chrome/stainless and are included as well as the oil rings.
Piston set “B” – 2.730 compression height. Rings: .017 Dykes, 1/16, 3/8. There are no rings with these pistons but I have a set of .017 Dykes I will include to get you going.*
I have many rings both new and used. When I remove a set of rings about half are perfect and OK to put back in but I usually replace the whole set. Most of the chrome/stainless .017 Dykes are for a 4″ bore. I also have some new .017 Dykes for a 392 (4.062 bore) and some complete moly sets for a 3.875 bore 331. If you’re running supercharged gas for the first time you’re going to go through rings – give me a call – I’ll save you a lot of $$$$. Note: Used Dykes rings are considered good if: 1) the chrome is not burned off the face of the ring 2) they have not collapsed from heat. Used rings purchased from me will meet this criteria.
Piston Rings – Here’s a plug for my long-time friend Bruce Walker. If you need piston rings, Bruce can be contacted at BWE Piston Rings 805-985-1008 in California. Bruce can supply just about any size ring at competitive (or cheaper) prices. Give him a try.
INTAKE VALVES – all for early hemi
Note: These intake valves are a little longer than stock but the geometry is OK for my 331 heads and accommodate the higher lift cams. Check the pattern across your valve tip before buying ANY valve.
(16) 2 1/16 x 3/8 x 5.220 HP stainless intake or exhaust with Comp Cams keepers. The valves have (3) runs on them as I put this together for one race. No touch-up required – ready to install. $90 + shipping or (8) for $50. SOLD (9) Used 2.200 x 5/16 x 5.160 stainless intake valves. These are reworked 426 valves. They are tuliped from the factory and flow better than any other I’ve seen – no thin margins. $95 +shipping SOLD
(9) Used 2.200 x 5/16 x 5.200 Ferrea stainless intake valves. If you’re going to a larger valve, this is your best bet. I’d still be running them if I hadn’t broken my iron head. About 25 runs – like new. I paid $63 each to have them made. $125 + shipping
(9) Used 2.200 x 11/32 x 5.240 Del West titanium intakes. $100 + shipping
EXHAUST VALVES – early hemi
(9) Used 1.930 x 5/16 x 5.050 stainless exhaust valves. These are reworked 426 valves. $75 + shipping SOLD
(16) 1.520 dia double spring x .740 id inner 280 lbs @ 1.800 installed height. 520 lbs @ 1.300, 580 lbs @ 1.200 $75
(32) 1.650 dia triple spring x .650 id inner 240-260 seat @ 1.800. 500 lbs @1.300, 560 lbs @ 1.200 $100/all
NEW – (20) Heavy Duty 3/8 diameter non-adjustable, non-oiling, black oxide finish. 9″ length, socket on top/hardened ball on bottom. $45/all
HEAD GASKETS – Any of these sets will work for supercharged gas as well as stock applications.
2 – NOS Fitzgerald #0559 Steel/Asbestos for 331. 3.875 dia. x .050 thick. Has large round pushrod holes. $25/pr SOLD 2 – NOS Fitzgerald #0657 Steel/Asbestos for 331, 354, 392. 4.010 dia. x .043 thick. Has teardrop pushrod holes. $25/pr SOLD 2 – Rocket Steel/Asbestos for 354, 392. 4.100 dia. x .043 thick. Has slots for pushrods. In original package – light rust in places along the outside edge – easily cleaned off $20/pr SOLD
2 – NOS Unknown brand #9246. Have steel rings around water holes. For stock 331 – 392 heads. $10/pr SOLD
46 -Rocket large port (racing). $5/pr or $50/all
BLOWER PULLIES – 1/2″ PITCH
31 tooth x 3″ 2.250 center registration – used $40 SOLD
34 tooth x 3″ 2.250 center registration – used $40
35 tooth x 3″ 2.250 center registration – used $40 SOLD
39 tooth x 3″ 2.000 center registration – NEW polished $65
39 tooth x 2″ 2.250 center registration. Original Delta with 1/2″ polished back cut. Fits stock crank hub. Used $100
43 tooth x 3″ 2.000 center registration – NEW polished $85
43 tooth x 3″ 2.250 center registration. Coated magnesium. $50
43 tooth x 3″ 2.250 center registration. non-coated magnesium. $40 SOLD
NOTE: I can cut the 3″ pulleys down to 2″ for an additional $25.
JAZ 4 gallon aluminum fuel tank p/n 210-704-03 excellent condition -12 outlet + others 12x10x8 Available with or without a 5″ riser $95
JAZ ++++ Same as above except someone added a 10″ section (total 18″ high) for about 10 gallons. Multiple outlets – largest -16 $40
Oil pans for 331, 354, 392 Chrysler. Rear sump pans in good shape. $50 each or $90/pr
Spark plug wire covers for 331, 354, 392 Chrysler hemi. $65/pr
New East Coast ” Super Mini ” alternator. 50 amp output at idle. P/N 2002 $100
Hot Heads rubber hemi spark plug tube seals NEW p/n 90400 $10 SOLD
392 hemi exhaust manifolds #1474661 – center discharge. $20/pr
Mark Williams disc brake caliper brackets for Olds housing ends P/N 71023. $40/pr
BBC aluminum Powerglide shield and steel flex plate shield. Both – $10
(2) Sets used 5-point 3” seat belts and shoulder harness assemblies. Out of cert – good for street or off-road. $10 ea.
Autometer Fuel pressure isolator P/N 5376 $35
Autometer Pro-lite temperature sender – 187-203 deg (new) P/N 3246 $15
Autometer Pro-lite pressure sender – 30 psi (new) P/N 3242 $10
NEW Black AN fittings, hose ends and hose:
(3) -6 x 45 deg Trick Flow hose ends. $5 each
(4) -6 x 90 deg hose ends. $5 each
(1) -8 straight hose end. $4
(1) -12 straight hose end. $7
(1) -12 x 90 deg hose end. $10
(1) -10 male x -8 female adapter. $5
5 feet -12 SS hose. New $25
MAGAZINES / NEWSPAPERS – OWN A PIECE OF HISTORY!
I’ve drug a pile of magazines and racing newspapers around for years. Time to downsize. I will sell by the year or you can buy them all. Minimum order $50 (or 1-year). So, if it’s a magazine you’ll probably get about (12) and if a *newspaper maybe (45). Drag News or National Dragster up to ’70 – $3.50/issue. ’70-’80 $2.50. 1980+ $1.50. All magazines $2.50. Discount for larger quantities. Search and purchase individual copies – $25. Note: this is not a “collection”. I’ve just boxed my subscriptions. Some early newspapers are brittle and need TLC – can’t just rip them open like this morning’s newspaper. Most are in good condition unless indicated
Drag News originated on the West Coast (Lions, Fontana, San Gabriel, Orange County, Fremont, etc) and then evolved into nationwide coverage. National Dragster (NHRA publication) covers nationwide with about 30% more pages than ND.
I’ve only inventoried up to 1990. I also have National Dragster, Hot Rod Magazine, Street Rodder, etc up to 2000. If you’re interested in issues after 1990 let me know. I also have some odds and ends like the Funny Car Pictorials from 1970, Hot Rod Magazine yearbooks (’70’s), etc.
How about a “Program” from the “Last Drag Race” at Lions Drag Strip on December 2, 1972. It has the history of the strip, managers, pictures of competing dragsters, etc. If you collect Lions memorabilia this is it. $100 SOLD
Current list in inventory:
Drag News* Year / Quantity
National Dragster* Year / Quantity
1981-1999 Similar quantities
Hot Rod Magazine Year / Quantity
1966 2 (Breedlove 600 mph)
1972 12 (L edge of cover on 6 are moth eaten – interior ok)
1988 11 (one cover missing)
1990 – 1999 year/quantities TBD
Drag Racing Mag Year / Quantity
Street Rodder Year / Quantity
Street Rodder Illust. ’83-’85 17